Standard Terms & Conditions
The following are my general terms and conditions for copywriting and content writing clients. Terms and conditions may change depending on the project. If I’ve provided a proposal or mentioned specific terms while discussing your project in writing, those terms will apply.
My general terms and conditions are as follows:
What I need from you:
- Before I can start work on a project, I need email confirmation of your acceptance of my fee, the agreed deadline(s), and the project brief.
- I will also require a 50% deposit (not required for agreed ongoing work/hourly paid work).
- I charge by the project.* My fee is calculated by how much time I will need to research, write & proofread your project. I charge this way to ensure that the focus is on the quality of the content, not the word count or time constraints.
- The fee includes:
- Initial consultation
- Writing the first draft
- Two sets of revisions (within 14 days of receiving your first draft)
- Final proofread
- The fee will not change unless the scope of work changes.
- The fee does not include meetings with designers, web developers, or other agencies, unless we have agreed this in advance.
- A 50% deposit is required in advance and the final 50% is required within 7 days of completion.
- Proofreading fees are minimum $50
- All quotes expire after 30 days.
- *In some circumstances I may charge per hour – usually for ongoing work/agency work.
- All payments must be made in Australian Dollars unless agreed in advance.
- Payment is required by bank transfer.
- I am not registered for GST.
- I reserve the right to add a late fee of 5% interest on the total bill every week that your payment is late to cover admin costs to recover the payment. If you are unable to pay on time, please let me know in advance.
- For ongoing work, I invoice weekly or monthly (agreed in advance). This payment is due within 7 days.
- Alice Elizabeth Allen retains ownership of all produced materials until final payment is made.
- Once payment is made in full, all produced materials become the client’s intellectual property; however, I reserve the right to use materials produced within my portfolio.
- I will undertake projects under your direction, and create/publish products only with your expressed approval.
- All work completed must first be approved by you.
- I do not accept responsibility for any outcomes or actions as a direct result of the work produced.
- I will ensure confidentiality of any data shared which remains the property of the client. You also agree to keep my specific processes and intellectual property/templates for private use only.
- You, the client must agree to indemnify, save and hold harmless myself from any and all damages, liabilities, costs, losses or expenses arising out of any claim, demand, or action by a third party arising out of any breach of your responsibilities or obligations, representations, or warranties under this agreement.
- The services and the work product are provided “as is.” In no event shall I be liable for any lost data or content, lost profits, business interruption or for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages arising out of or relating to the materials or the services provided.
- It’s the responsibility of the client to ensure they make a copy of all delivered files for their own records. Due to the digital nature of the files, I cannot guarantee their availability beyond 1 week after they are delivered. While I have backup systems in place, I do not take responsibility for files after they are delivered. You can download, copy, and backup all delivered files once I deliver a project.
- Our working relationship will remain ongoing until our one-off project ends or either party decides to end our ongoing engagement.
- Either party may choose to terminate the engagement at any time. If the engagement is ended part-way through a project (i.e. after briefs are provided), I’ll finish up by delivering the content for these briefs.
- When the engagement ends, you’ll be sent an invoice for any content delivered.